- Work With USAID
- Partnership Opportunities
- Researchers, Scientists & Innovators
- Small Business
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- In-Country Partners
- Faith-Based & Community Organizations
- Humanitarian Responders
- U.S. Government Agencies & Military
- Search For Opportunities
- Respond to a Solicitation
- Build a Partnership With Us
- Bring us Your Ideas
- Get Involved
USAID works alongside faith-based and community groups to raise awareness about critical global development issues and address the needs of vulnerable populations around the world.
Grand Challenges for Development
Global Development Lab
Development Innovation Ventures (DIV)
Global Development Alliances
Global Development Alliances
Sign Up for the CFBCI Newsletter
Training on How to Work with USAID
Working closely with faith-based and community stakeholders is critical to the success of USAID’s mission. These efforts are coordinated through USAID’s Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (CFBCI).
The CFBCI serves existing and prospective faith-based and community partners by:
- Providing a bridge for faith-based and community groups seeking to connect with USAID’s mission, directing them to appropriate points-of-contact within the Agency, offering resources to help guide them through the partnership process, and providing information about new grant opportunities.
- Convening faith-based and community groups to catalyze new opportunities for collaboration between these groups, and between these groups and the government.
- Helping to eliminate barriers encountered by faith-based and community organizations seeking to partner with USAID on a range of global development issues including global health, child survival and food security.
The CFBCI is part of the network of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which works to build bridges between the federal government and nonprofit organizations, both secular and faith-based, to more effectively serve those in need in the U.S. and around the world.
The first official event of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit took place on the morning of August 1. The session brought together a diverse cross-section of religious leaders and faith-based organizations, U.S. Government officials, and African leaders to recognize the significant role the faith community plays in advancing peace, prosperity, and development throughout Africa. The event was an opportunity for the faith community to provide input into the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit. Across Africa, faith-based organizations have helped to lift up vulnerable populations and contribute to improving lives. From building peace and promoting human rights, to improving agriculture, from boosting literacy rates, to providing urgently needed relief and assistance in the most dangerous places, the faith community is helping to invest in the next generation.
Last updated: August 29, 2014