For Immediate Release
Staff Reporters and Freelancers reporting on environment issues online, in print, or on the radio, are invited to apply for an environment reportage workshop based on 2-days of discussions in Kathmandu followed by 4-days of field research either in the Terai Arc Landscape (TAL) or the Chitwan-Annapurna Landscape (CHAL) areas.
Participants will be encouraged to produce content with in-depth analysis by linking the local context to the national or global, and vice versa, and connecting the dots on why Earth Matters to Nepal’s socio-political dialogue.
During the workshop, participants will interact with top policy makers, conservation experts, as well as an international award winning environment journalist from the United States of America, and also discuss how social media can be used more effectively for both research and promotion of one’s work.
- Federalism and Natural Resources
- Biodiversity Conservation and Restoration in an Urbanizing Nepal
- Environment and Natural Resource Policies in the Parliament and Constituent Assembly
- Discussing Long Form Writing on Environment Issues
- Understanding Terai Arc Landscape (TAL) and Chitwan-Annapurna Landscape (CHAL)
- Rethinking Green Reporting on Nepal
- Rethinking Nepal’s Green Reporting for an International Audience
- Open to published Nepalis in print, radio and new media (online, including blogs), including Freelancers, with background or demonstrated interest in writing and reporting on environmental issues.
- Applicant must be below the age of 35 years.
- Commitment to fully participate in the 2-day workshop on April 22 and 23 in Kathmandu, as well as the 4-day field visit to the Terai Arc Landscape or Chitwan-Annapurna Landscape regions, tentatively scheduled for the first week of May.
- On World Environment Day, June 5, 2013, participants will be invited, and must be available, to share the work they have produced based on the workshop and the subsequent travel.
- All applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the Subject line: Earth Matters (For inquires, please use subject line “Workshop Inquiry”)
- DEADLINE: April 18, 2013
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED:
All applicants must submit a resume/CV with your phone number. If applicable, please include your Twitter handle and your personal website, if its contents are related to the theme of the workshop.
Print and New Media Applicants: Please submit copies of three works related to environment issues, published between January 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013. Online links to your materials preferred. Scanned copies of prints accepted too.
Radio Applicants: Please submit the following details of three of your shows or programs related to environment issues:
- Name and theme of show or report
- Name of guest (if any)
- Date of broadcast
- Link to the show (if available)
Last updated: April 19, 2016